Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Look who's back!


Favorite cuddle toy and blanky

Sleeps with one eye open

Just wants a cuddle

Poor baby's leg- it's been shaved and you can still see the incisions

I brought Milo home last Thursday, he spent nearly three weeks at the animal welfare recovering after surgery to back his leg. We went to fetch him a week ago as planned, but he had "complications" and his leg needed to be re- bandaged. He's is very skinny now and his leg really looks scrawny and pathetic. Apparently the break was so bad they had considered amputating his leg. It looks good but he still has swelling to his joint. Naturally he's still limping and whenever he sits he sit with his leg out straight. If you dare touch his leg or even look like you are thinking about touching it he will go for you.

Don't get me wrong I am extremely grateful to the welfare for taking care of him especially to the woman that paid for his operation (I have to pay her back) but I am also a little suspicious and downright annoyed. Suspicious because Milo had to spend an extra week at the welfare because his hip was apparently dislocated. Both by Dad and I examined Milo closely before we took him to the welfare and nothing appeared to be dislocated. He was also examined by two different vets, had x - rays and the person who operated on him was an orthopedic vet. You would think someone would have noticed a dislocated hip. We believe that Milo was probably injured when they were trying to take his cast off. Apparently he went berserk when they were doing this so it wouldn't surprise me if this happened. The welfare has been really sketchy about everything.

I am annoyed because- despite the welfare being very sketchy about everything- they have treated my Mom and I like dirt. I have come to the conclusion that there really is such a thing as a person that will get on better with animals than with humans. This particular welfare is full of these people. Seriously, they don't even know how to greet people, everyone that has visited that place comes out looking pissed off. I have a feeling the lady that helped us suffered a lot of flak for what she did and it really did feel like they were hell bent on getting their revenge.

I guess though, the only thing that matters is that they do they're jobs and I will say they are very loving and kind to their animals. Yes I am still going to volunteer, I have given my word but I am absolutely dreading it. I haven't been in a  volatile "outside" situation for a while and I feel really vulnerable. I know that I should be used to it from dealing with my Dad on an everyday basis but it's different with strangers.

I am so happy to have Milo home. Right now he's curled up asleep in front of my keyboard. I had gotten so used to having him sleep with me, I was surprised how lonely it was when he was gone. He is exactly the same as he was before except more affectionate, mostly with my Mom. And he's walking and running and back to climbing up trees. Pets can be a real pain in the butt but when they are gone they leave a massive hole.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Stephi,
    I'm glad that Milo is back at home and seems to be on the mend. Having pets can be tough but it seems like he'd adding more to your life. Looking forward to more pics as he grows up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got Milo back and hope for his speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys it's great to have him back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Milo is back with you, Stephi. He is so cute! I'm sure it is hard dealing with the animal welfare place, but it's good that he is better now and back at his home. Pets can bring a lot of joy to a person's life. I adore my cats, and they really do have amusing personalities.

    ReplyDelete