Sunday, September 4, 2011

Dear Dad,

I will not always struggle
I will not always have to fight for everthing I want
I will always land on my feet
I'm not always going to be fat
I'm going to be successful
I am not going to be alone
I will complete my degree next
I am not always going to suffer
I am going to be whatever I choose and be successful at it.

If you are in a position of authority over someone, especially a child, always be aware of the power of the tounge. No matter how good your intentions or how desperate you are ,beware that what you say can change the course of someone's life.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for saying these positive things for yourself, Stephi! You are right, you will NOT always struggle. It's so important to remember that, and to have hope, because without hope, we have nothing. I believe you are an intelligent, resourceful, capable young woman who can accomplish anything she decides to pursue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to undo all those atupid comments from my childhood for years! I try so hard to watch what I say with my kids. I still mess up. When I do, I try to undo it whenever I can so that they don't have to in therapy years from now.

    ReplyDelete